Make a database on cloud platform using AWS (Amazon Web Services).
Introduction to Cloud
Cloud computing is an information technology paradigm that enables ubiquitous access to shared pools of configurable system resources and higher-level services that can be rapidly provisioned with minimal management effort, often over the Internet.
Now the question comes in front of us that what is AWS (Amazon web services )?
Amazon Web Services is a subsidiary of Amazon.com that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms to individuals, companies, and governments, on a paid subscription basis.
Features of cloud
- No up-front investment
- Lowering operating cost
- Highly scalable
- Easy access
- Reducing business risks and maintenance expenses
Introduction to Cloud Database
A Cloud database is a database service built and accessed through a cloud platform. It serves many of the same functions as a traditional database with the added flexibility of cloud computing. Users install software on a cloud infrastructure to implement the database.
Use the RDS to make the database on Amazon Web Server?
What is RDS?
RDS belongs to Amazon Relational Database Service. It is a distributed Relational Database Service by Amazon Web Services.
Features of Cloud Database
- A database service built and accessed through a cloud platform
- Enables enterprise users to host databases without buying dedicated hardware
- Can be managed by the user or offered as a service and managed by a provider
- Can support SQL (including MySQL) or NoSQL databases
- Accessed through a web interface or vendor-provided API
First open your account on the AWS (Amazon Web Service), as your main screen is open then you have to go to the services, and at the bottom, there is an option of the database, here we have the RDS amazon relation database services and then click on the RDS.
After clicking on the RDS you have to click on the launch instance it will launch your database instance on the cloud.
Then the page given below is open you have to select your database from the given database on it.
Don’t forget to click on the free trial as this all services are paid one if you don’t click on it and selected the database which is paid you have the bill and it will debate from your ATM or from your account after that click on next.
After that choose your case you have to make it by default or the recommend one chooses that is production – Amazon Aurora and click on next.
Now the ques rising what is amazon aurora?
Amazon Aurora is a hosted relational database service developed and offered by Amazon in October 2014. Aurora is available as part of the Amazon Relational Database Service
In the next step, you have to specify the database details In this you have to fill the database name and set the password for the database. we do this to make the security better so that no other unnecessary people interfere with our database or corrupt our database.
After scrolling down, you have an entity to fill and there you have to fill the database name and the database password and then click on next.
After that we have the configure advance setting in this we don’t have to do anything leave it as is it and scroll down there you get launch instance and click on launch instance.
By this, we make a database on the AWS (amazon web services ) cloud and we can access it by using the public IP (Internet protocol ) of this given DataBase instance.
Advantages of Cloud Database
- Cost efficient:The lack of on-premises infrastructure also removes their associated operational costs in the form of power, air conditioning, and administration costs. You pay for what is used and disengage whenever you like – there is no invested IT capital to worry about.
- Reliability:With a managed service platform, cloud computing is much more reliable and consistent than in-house IT infrastructure. Your organization can benefit from a massive pool of redundant IT resources, as well as quick failover mechanism – if a server fails, hosted applications and services can easily be transited to any of the available servers.
- Manageability:Cloud computing provides enhanced and simplified IT management and maintenance capabilities through central administration of resources, vendor managed infrastructure and SLA backed agreements.
Disadvantages of Cloud Database
- Security:Using cloud-powered technologies means you need to provide your service provider with access to important business data. Meanwhile, being a public service opens up cloud service providers to security challenges on a routine basis. The ease in procuring and accessing cloud services can also give nefarious users the ability to scan, identify and exploit loopholes and vulnerabilities within a system
- Limited Control:The customer can only control and manage the applications, data, and services operated on top of that, not the backend infrastructure itself. Key administrative tasks such as server shell access, updating, and firmware management may not be passed on to the customer or end user.
Don’t forget to stop the database instance as it is a paid service so you have the bill of the services that are used by you .